POP/False Ceiling SERVICES
MyfalseCelling is a Company, where you can get best quality of falseceiling ,POP Ceiling service providers in your area. We have 100+ service provider in pimpri chinchwad & Pune. We completed 10000+ sites and we have a lots of varieties of ceiling designs. Our price is really normal and provide best Quality Services. POP Contractor POP Falseceiling . Falseceiling POP Pimpri-Chinchwad MyFalseceiling Ceiling Falseceiling near me POP Near Me”
False Ceiling : Definition, Benefits and Various Types
The trend of flat and simple ceilings have fallen wayside. Because people nowadays are eyeing on products that make the typical flat ceiling look attractive but with minimal costing.
So with the recent surge of false ceiling it has become easier for people to embellish the beauty of any space whether it be an office, commercial complex, residential complex or theatres.
False ceilings are often secondary ceilings that are hung below the main ceiling with the help of suspension cords or struts. These ceilings are crafted from a wide range of materials such as POP (plaster of Paris), gypsum board, asbestos sheets, particle board, aluminium panel, wood etc. They are also known as dropped ceiling or suspended ceiling.
The general advantage that everyone is familiar with is – it improves aesthetical appearance and proportion of interior spaces but this benefit is just the tip of an iceberg as there are a whole lot of benefits that false ceiling provides few of them are listed below:
- Hides ducting and other structural elements that hinder the beauty of the room.
- Works as a heat insulator.
- Works as an acoustical barrier by reducing echo problems. (Especially in theatres, conference halls, auditorium etc.)
- Performs as an anti-microbial element (required specially in health care centres, hospitals and clinics).
- False ceiling can also act as a fire separator if the material used in making ceiling tiles are mineral fibre or fire rated wood panels.
- The space left between struts and ceiling tiles acts as a duct which carries all the wiring and hidden lighting system.
- It is very easy to install false ceiling with the help of right kind of tools and skilled professionals.
- False ceilings gives a smooth surfaces and covers undulations in the slab concrete etc.,
- It is economical and flexible in design
- A false ceiling hides the duct work, pipes and electrical wires giving the ceiling a clean and finish look.
- It is good for sound absorption and in acoustic
- In case of repair it is easy to rearrange the panels or repair the gypsum board
- False ceiling can reduce the height of a room by several inches or feet.
- Sagging is possible in case of false ceiling and it requires maintenance.
- In case of natural calamities the false ceiling may turn out to be unstable.
The classification is totally based on 3 criteria:
- Place of application
- Ambience needed
- Economy available
The most commonly used false ceiling materials are as follows:
Gypsum is the most commonly used false ceiling material. The panels come with either tapered or square edges. Gypsum boards can be easily fixed either by nailing directly to ply or other plain surfaces or placing on a galvanised iron (GI) metal grid.
Gypsum board comes in standard sizes of 6 feet X4 feet and 8 feet X 4 feet.
Grid False Ceiling is one of the most common types of false ceilings used in commercial office spaces. These type of ceiling are suitable for large range of applications. They are ideal for concealed wiring. These metal ceiling panels are installed either on steel T- sections or cross sections and then suspended by rods.
Plaster of Paris is most commonly used false ceiling material. It is cheapest amongst all the false ceiling materials. POP is mixed with water and is applied to fibreboard or wood base which suspends to form the ceiling. It requires artistic workmanship.
Plywood ceilings are popular for their visually appealing aspects. These type of ceilings are created with strips of ply which are either nailed or glued together.The strips are supported with the help of ply. Plywood ceiling due to its insulating property, it is used in places with cold climate.
PVC ceiling is also one of the most commonly used ceiling system. It solves the problem of cleaning and maintenance. This type of ceiling is suitable for all types of climate. It also incorporates flush fitting and hidden lighting system. These are one of the most hassle free and easy to install false ceilings.
False ceilings work well only when the following conditions are taken in consideration:
- Constructed and maintained proper with time
- Proper floor to ceiling height must be maintained
- The material is chosen according to the type of ambience required
- According to the climatic considerations.